Motivational Maps are an ISO accredited online self-perception inventory that focuses on motivation rather than personality. The map (which takes under 15 minutes to complete online), helps people understand what motivates them at a deeper level. They can monitor and improve well-being, performance, and productivity with this knowledge.
The original map was created by James Sale in the United Kingdom after doing extensive research on The Enneagram (a personality profiling tool), Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, and Edgar Schein’s Career Anchors. The thing that sets Motivational Maps about from other similar tools is that motivation is not fixed, it is changeable, just like the weather. By mapping regularly, you are always aware of your primary motivations and can adjust your approaches and strategies accordingly.
The Motivational Map is grouped into three clusters of motivation: relationships, achievements, and growth comprising nine individual motivators, three in each cluster. Everybody has a combination of these nine motivators with no combination being better than another. Typically, three motivators will be stronger, with one as a primary motivator. Motivational Maps technology asks some simple, yet relevant questions that generate a personalised, individual map, detailing the presentation of each motivator and how this affects the person’s performance. The results are presented as an easy-to-read report that accurately describes an individual’s drivers and practical steps they can take to make use of this knowledge.
Motivational Maps are a unique tool that directly helps overcome problems that individuals face in managing their mental well-being and making the right career decisions. Managers and leaders can use the tool to improve the motivation and performance of their teams…
MAPS CAN HELP BUSINESSES…
- Improve team performance
- Improve staff retention
- Learn their team’s current level of motivation if there are specific motivational concerns with individual team members
- Illustrate an improvement in motivation and measure the impact in terms of well-being, productivity, and performance
- See the contrast between management and team motivation and how each manager or leader could alter their management style with individual team members to achieve enhanced performance
- Reduce sickness
- Recruit the best candidate for every position
Download example team report
MAPS HELPS INDIVIDUALS…
- See whether their current role is fulfilling their core career drivers
- Determine how their motivation is likely to vary
- Achieve greater fulfillment from their work
- Improve mental well-being
- Make good career decisions
- Develop leadership and coaching skills
Download example individual report
Book a Discovery Call
If you would like to find out more about how Motivational Maps can help you improve well-being, productivity, and performance send us your contact details or schedule a discovery call directly into our calendar today.